Once you have purchased your guitar, it’s time to look for guitar accessories that help you play the guitar and maintain your guitar. Here are basic but essential accessories that in my opinion, every guitarist should have.
Strings are the number 1 accessory for your guitar. The strings play an important role in the sound and playability of the guitar, so you have to choose strings carefully. You ca get the best strings and other essential accessories for your guitar by visiting https://mgbguitars.com/collections/tools. Outlined here below are three things you should pay attention to when choosing the strings:
Gauge-Gauge is the diameter of the strings. Strings with a heavier gauge (with a larger diameter) require more force and are more difficult to press against the fretboard.
Wounding-The core of the strings can be wrapped in different ways. Round wound strings are the most common, but there are also flat wound strings (with a flatter string surface) and half wound strings (a combination between around wound and flat wound strings).
Material-For different guitars, there are different string materials. Classical guitars use nylon strings. Acoustic guitars with steel strings have more options, such as a bronze winding (the most common string type), phosphor bronze winding and steel and silk strings, where a combination of steel and nylon wire is used to approximate a classical guitar sound.
A plectrum is a small accessory, but the impact on your playing, the sound, and the feeling is enormous. Plectra are made from many materials and are available in all shapes and sizes.
If you are looking for a plectrum, pay attention to its;
- Shape -A Plectra are available in different shapes. The most common form is a rounded triangle shape, but you can also play with around pick, an almost square pick or a pick in the shape of a shark tooth.
- Thickness – Lighter picks from 0.60 mm to 1 mm are used for acoustic guitars and playing rhythms, heavier picks are usually used for solos, although it may differ per guitarist.
A fake guitar is one of the worst things that can happen to you during a live performance, so make sure you always have a tuner with you so that your guitar is always tuned and ready for action.
A guitar strap is an important guitar accessory for the guitarist who plays standing. Choose a guitar strap carefully, because your comfort on stage and during rehearsals largely depends on this
- Length – Some guitarists enjoy playing when their guitar is very low, at hip height or even lower Others prefer a somewhat shorter guitar band. the choice made depends on a person’s personal preference and where the guitar feels best for him/her.
- Width -Like the length, the width also means that some guitarists like a very wide band and others like a very narrow band. It’s all about feeling and comfort.
- Material – Most popular guitar straps are made from leather, nylon, and polyester.
Cables-Cables are responsible for transporting the sound from your guitar to the amplifier. Not much can be said about cables, they are usually mono and have connectors of 6.35 mm.
A capo is that tool which allows you to adjust the pitch of the guitar without re-tuning it. You are supposed to place the capo on a ferret of your choice.